UK Desk: English tax and legal advice
Accurate tax and legal advice in UK-German business relations
With the establishment of our UK Desk in 2009, we have responded to the high demand for advice from small and medium-sized enterprises in Germany and the UK. Supporting our clients in cross-border legal and tax matters – both in English and German – is a necessary service of the KRIEGER Group, especially in light of the BREXIT and the free trade agreement between the EU and the UK, which will come into effect on January 1, 2021, but also – due to the differences between the system and common law – a necessary service. Competent advice on cross-border issues, always in line with the latest legislation and case law, is a matter of course for the experienced professionals of our KRIEGER Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft and KRIEGER GmbH Steuerberatungsgesellschaft.
Services of the UK Desk:
- Comprehensive legal advice on setting up a company and support in all questions of commercial law relating to the running of the company
- Preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns
- Financial and payroll accounting
- Registration with tax authorities
- Structural advice and tax planning when setting up a company in Germany and the UK
- Financing structure for cross-border acquisitions
- Group financing structure
- Transfer pricing policy and documentation
- Implementation of accounting for start-ups/acquisitions
- Value added tax in cross-border supply and service relationships
- Input tax refund procedure
- Reporting to foreign group companies
- Tax consequences of moving abroad and moving to Germany
- Back office services
- Real estate focus through cooperation with real estate experts (including PM and AM tasks)
Are you looking to expand into Germany, build up a distribution network and perhaps even set up a subsidiary? In order to optimally support British companies entering the German market, we offer our clients a comprehensive range of services, in particular:
- English-speaking contact persons
- Labour law
Legally sound employment contracts with qualified employees are indispensable for optimal and sustainable expansion. The focus of our employment law advice for British clients is therefore on the drafting of bilingual employment contracts and managing director contracts as well as general advice on all other aspects of individual employment law. In addition, we offer individual advice on the secondment of British employees to Germany and support you in the secondment of employees nationally and internationally (expatriates).
Where necessary, we will also enforce your rights for you in court throughout Germany.
- General contract law
In contract law, you benefit from the long-standing expertise of our English-speaking lawyers in drafting and handling bilingual contracts across the entire spectrum of commercial law.
- Commercial and distribution law, including e-commerce
Another core competence of the UK desk is advising on all aspects of distribution law. For example, we advise our UK clients on the drafting of bilingual commercial agency and authorised dealer agreements.
In addition, our English-speaking team of lawyers will assist you in drafting bilingual general terms and conditions as well as in all matters relating to e-commerce.
- Corporate law, with insolvency law aspects and restructuring advice
As an internationally active law firm, we also offer comprehensive support in corporate law as part of our German-British legal advice. We focus in particular on the establishment of subsidiaries, but also offer our British clients comprehensive advice on the drafting of contracts under company law and on other corporate law issues.
We also specialise in restructuring and reorganisation advice for companies with foreign shareholders, including crisis advice and support in insolvency proceedings.
- Tax advice
Our British clients can also count on us for tax advice: From the preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns, financial and payroll accounting as well as registration with authorities, we can optimally cover the needs of our clients from the Anglo-American legal systems.
Due to our English-speaking tax advisors, there is also no language barrier. Because we meet our clients at eye level: both professionally and linguistically.
We offer our services in the field of tax consultancy with a focus on German-British business relations centrally from our Frankfurt am Main location nationwide.
Due to our extensive network of English-speaking legal and tax firms, we are also in a position to provide expert, one-stop support to German entrepreneurs wishing to enter the British market (outbound advice).
Your personal contact for questions regarding tax advice